My Big Little Lies on Travel
With Summer in full swing here in the Southern Hemisphere the temperatures are at an all-time high! While I love the heat, it’s also important to rescue yourself from that hot, sticky, drained feeling you get when the weather turns muggy so, I’ve teamed up with Long White Vodka to bring you a few ideas to help chill out (literally) and stay cool this summer! Read on and make sure you enter the draw to win a $100 Amazon voucher below (terms and conditions apply)…
1 – Hit the beach yo
I know this is the obvious one but it seriously does the job! However, if there are no nearby watering holes and you are eyeing up the local public pool, be sure to call ahead and ask when their quiet time is – that’s if you are not so keen on the nearby school kids doing bombs on your head!
2 – Make a pants popsicle
This sounds, and looks, totally mad but it actually works, at least for a little while… Just throw some jeans in the freezer for five to ten minutes so they get super chilly and there you have it, your one way ticket to cool town!
3 – Chill out
While exercise might be the last thing on your mind at the moment, it’s a fact that the faster you move, the higher your core temperature will become! Be sure to get your exercise done during the coolest part of the day (usually early morning) so once the heat turns up you can take it easy.
4 – Rock a top knot!
It’s a trend that’s not going anywhere in a hurry because its just so darn handy for us lazy folk. Firstly It gets all that hot hair up and away from your neck and secondly if you chuck a red lippy on you are pretty much ready for a drink with the gals. Classy!
5 – Cool down from the inside out
Sometimes vino can go straight to your head when it’s hot out so, having something a little lighter but still super refreshing is key. This summer I’ve enjoyed a few Long White Vodka’s and was impressed to see it is made in NZ by adding locally sourced ingredients to sparkling water – anyone who is picking their lemons from Keri Keri and their apples from Hawkes Bay is a friend of mine! Long White has no added table sugar and apple juice is used for sweetness – delicious! So, I suggest you find yourself a comfy spot in the shade and sip away at your fave flavour (Lemon & Lime, Raspberry or Passionfruit) – absolute bliss!
This post was made possible thanks to Long White Vodka – all thoughts/opinions are my own!
Want to stay cool this summer? I have a $100 Amazon Surf voucher for one lucky person!
To get yourself in the draw, simply tell me in the comments below which Long White Vodka flavour you’ll be cooling down with this summer and why!
For terms and conditions read below.
Thedownlow.co.nz Summer Cool Down Promotion Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and gifts form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promotion is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
- The promotion commences at 12.01am on the 17th February 2016 and finishes at 11.59pm on the 2nd March 2016 (‘Promotion Period’).
- To enter the promotion:
- Comment on the relevant blog post with which Long White Vodka flavour you will be cooling down with this summer and why.
- There is one prize to be won, consisting of an Amazon Surf voucher worth a total of $100. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random from all eligible entries submitted. The prize will be drawn 2nd March 2016. In the event that an ineligible entry is drawn or the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 24 hours of the Prize draw, having made reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid and select a new winner on the same terms as the original Prize draw.
- Entrants may enter the promotion multiple times.
- The prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
- In the event that the prize or any part of it becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide an alternative prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the promotion (including any prize) at any time in its sole discretion.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this competition will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error. The time entries are deemed to be made will be the time the entry is received, not the time the entry is submitted by an entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. The ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
- All competition entries become the property and copyright of the Promoter. By entering this promotion, entrants assign copyright in their entry to the Promoter.
- The winners acknowledge and agree that they will comply with all instructions given by employees of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this promotion, and agree not to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
- The winners agree that as a condition of their participation in the prize, they may be required to execute a waiver and indemnity in the form provided by the Promoter.
- If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason, their prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected ; (d) any variation in the prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter collects and holds personal information provided by entrants for the purposes of this promotion and for future promotional purposes. Failure to provide requested personal information may disqualify a person from being able to receive a prize. All personal information provided by entrants will be held by the Promoter. Under the Privacy Act 1993, entrants have the right to access and correct any such personal information. Entrants may access and request correction of any of the details about them held by the Promoter by sending an email to email@example.com
- The Promoter is Amber Peebles, The Down Low, thedownlow.co.nz