I think we can all admit that J.K Rowling ruined a lot of lives all over the world when she said that she should have had Hermione date Harry instead of Ron. What was she thinking dropping a bomb like that? The Harry Potter series has so many avid fans; you could practically hear all their hearts breaking as they read the news.
This was my face when I saw what she said:
So, in defense of the books that she has already written (YOU HEAR THAT J.K? YOU ALREADY WROTE THEM! NO TAKE BACKS!!!), here are six totally legit, scientifically accurate reasons as to why Hermione and Harry could not possibly have ended up together:
1. Who would Ron end up with if not with Hermione? Lavender Brown? Nope, sorry J.K, but you killed her off in the last book. Padma Patel? I don’t think so, Ron ruined his chances with her after being a terrible date to the Yule Ball. Cho Chang? I never really liked Cho. She was messed up after RPatz died in the fourth book and then she got a bit frisky with Harry and then….nothing happened after that? She’s weird. See!? There are no other good matches for Ron! He has to be with Hermione!!!
2. Harry is probably the most awkward character in the book and Daniel Radcliffe portrayed that wonderfully. All of his on-screen kisses were horrendously horrible to watch, like I legitimately squirm whenever I watch them. Ugh. Whereas, Ron and Hermione’s much awaited make-out session was pretty steamy in the last film. I was very pleased with it. (That’s how sad my life is, I judge on screen kisses. DON’T JUDGE ME! – Lucy does too) So, I’m sorry again J.K but I refuse to watch Harry kiss Hermione, it wouldn’t be pleasant for anyone.
3. Both of their names start with ‘H’. That’s a good enough reason for them not to be together.
4. If you think back over all the times that Ron and Hermione were fawning over one another but then replace Ron with Harry, how does that make you feel? Can you honestly picture Harry and Hermione in anything but a platonic relationship? I can’t. All I see is that weird image that the Horcrux created in the sixth movie to intimidate Ron when he was trying to destroy it and it showed Harry and Hermione kissing and being in love and stuff. It was gross. It was unnatural. It wasn’t right, so just settle down J.K!
5. I don’t even have a fifth reason. My fifth reason is just NO. NO. NO. Authors can’t tell people what they wish they had done, its cruel and unnecessary and it should be illegal.
6. Look at this photo:
Harry and Hermione don’t even look good together. Yuck.
Olivia Davison x
Edited by Lucy Korn