So I would like to share my recent triumph with you.
If you have read my previous blog regarding “the dress” you will note I was getting a little carried away with some fabulous Israeli designers and their ridiculously gorgeous creations however the tides have turned and practical Jade has well and truly returned.
Logic tells me that if I wouldn’t spend over $1,000 on a dress that I would get a few wears out of, I am a moron to spend that amount of money on something that I only get to wear for a few measley hours!!!
So after rocking around a department store in London I stumble upon a white dress (not in the bridal section) – I’m a bit unsure about it as it looks a bit “weird” but turns out when I put it on – and yeah I’m going to say it – I look awesome! Not only that, this shit is on sale bitches.
Yes that’s right ladies, I bought my wedding dress for 215 pounds – that’s around NZD430. So in honour of my buy, I dedicate this blog to “wedding dresses that aren’t wedding dresses”
These are my top 5 tips when looking:
- Type into your friend Google “white dress” and just see what comes up
- All of your favourite stores will at some stage do a white dress so just keep your eye out
- If you see a dress you really like and looks good, try it on, take a pic and take it to a dress maker to turn it into a white beauty
- Don’t get carried away with the whole perfect dress idea. Two out of the three brides I know that spent thousands of dollars on their dress – don’t regret it because they loved their dress – but if they had their time again would not spend that kind of money
- Lastly any dress that makes you look amazing and makes you feel like a hot babe can be your wedding dress – it doesn’t have to a traditional “bridal” dress, hell it doesn’t even have to be white, you’re not fooling anyone you’re still pure….even Nana knows you’re not.